Sew....

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sew distracted!

I started my Diploma of Counselling in February last year and I'm more than half way through now, having had a few months off around my daughter's birth and then managing to get heaps done when she was 3-5 months because she used to sleep about 6 hours a day. Note I said used to - not anymore!  After I completed another set of practical assessments in late February this year I decided to give myself a break from the studying because I was putting too much pressure on myself to finish the whole course as quickly as possible and things were starting to get on top of me. Problem is that during my designated "time out", I discovered this sewing thang! Now I really need to get stuck back into the study, firstly because I want to complete it and then see what my next step in that direction is going to be, but also because once it's completed I will be free to sew without guilt! I'm discovering so many fabulous sewing books, blogs and websites and all of them are inspiring me to sew, sew, sew - but the nagging in the back of my brain is getting louder and louder and it's time to dedicate some time to the diploma again. I'm kind of an "all or nothing" person so it might not be easy to find a balance in my spare time that I'm happy with but I need to start somewhere so I'm starting today. This afternoon I cut out some really cute alphabet fabric legs for Dolly Mark 3. Didn't get any further because Miss M is a bit under the weather and didn't nap well today, she needed those extra mummy cuddles and love and goes without saying that everything else goes out the window when my girly needs me. Now she's gone to sleep though and I would love to get cutting and sewing but I must be strict - my plan for this evening is to get the big laptop set up with the monitor, mouse, keyboard, clear the desk space of clutter, get out Workbook 11 and figure out where I'm at and what needs to be done next. My reward? A little visit to Spotlight tomorrow :D

No comments:

Post a Comment