Sew....

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Itching to get stitching!

It's not always easy to find the time to sew when you have a 7 month old baby girl. I used to wonder what SAHM's did all day. Ha! And I just have the one - more power to all those mamas out there who have 2, 3, 4 + !! It's taken me quite a while to find my mummy feet but now at last I feel like I'm getting into my groove...and conincidentally it's around this same time that I've discovered sewing. All the mummies round here seem to sew and I decided to find out what this Spotlight obsession I kept hearing about was all about. Now, I get it! This morning my Spotlight VIP catalogues arrived, announcing 20% off baby fabrics & cord fabrics. I'm dying to get up there and stock up on all sorts of gorgeous fabrics with which to stitch - winter PJs & pinafores for my girly are my plan. Amongst a million other things!! After several months of implementing new household management systems, all of which failed, I realised yesterday that I'm really looking for a system that takes away the need to clean. Not gonna happen, obviously. However, I figure if I split the major housework into a manageable chunk each weekday while Miss M's having her morning nap, and keep on top of everything by doing a bit more in the evening (paperwork, gym, studying) instead of vegging in front of the TV or Facebook, and getting up a bit earlier, then about 3 days a week I should be able to sew in the afternoons when she has her second nap, and for a bit when her Dad comes home from work and takes over for bathtime & bedtime duties.

Right now, I'm ready to hit the sack but I want to take up some curtains for our bedroom. That'll be another job crossed off my list plus a little bit more practice with my sewing machine. I'm starting small to learn all the basics, and reading sewing books and blogs whenever I get a mo. I feel like I'm discovering something special that's going to become a great passion in my life. I never saw it coming, but looks like I'm going to be one of those Sewing Mamas!

No comments:

Post a Comment