Sew....

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Time Management (or lack thereof)

I haven’t managed to get any sewing done this past week, which makes me very sad. Well, that’s not entirely true, I did manage to sew a cute button on my nappy wallet. But that’s it! I’ve been struggling to stay on top of things on the home front and feeling quite overwhelmed by the chaos and clutter. I feel like I just don’t have time to do all the things I want to do on top of all the things I need to do; where do all the hours go, woe is me etc etc. No more!!! Time to take back control of my TIME! I’ve tried so many different schedules, routines, lists, regimes, none of them work...but I’ve found a new website that I think might just have the answer. Don’t want to speak too soon though so will hold my cards close to my chest for the time being! Meantime, I’ve hunted down some motivational quotes:


In truth, people can generally make time for what they choose to do; it is not really the time but the will that is lacking ~ Sir John Lubbock

Those who make the worse use of their time are the first to complain of its shortness ~ Jean De La Bruyere

The great dividing line between success and failure can be expressed in five words: “I did not have time.” ~ Franklin Field

You will never “find” time for anything. If you want time, you must make it. ~ Charles Bruxton


No idea who these blokes are and no time to google them (hee) but, they make sense. This week I want to make a new sunhat for my daughter, as she’s fast outgrowing the one I made at Easter and although it’s winter now, her little head still sometimes needs protection from the Australian sun. I am going to make the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment