Sew....

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Chair pads

We were given this second-hand wicker seat before my daughter was born and it's made the best nursing chair. The chair pads needed freshening up a bit so last night I finally got around to doing something with another of my op shop doona cover finds. I just made simple envelope covers, which I learned to do from Jane Bolsover's Sewing Machine Basics.



As an aside, I cannot get over the kindness of the people we have met in this town. We have been given so much pre-loved baby and home stuff, all so much appreciated by new immigrants who are also new parents! We'll be sure to pay it forward!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pam,
    Stopping by here to respond to the comment you left on my blog about the cutting tutorial. So glad it can help. Once you make your first quilt, you'll be hooked.
    I also wanted to let you know that your comments are set to "no reply"...which means there is no email address attached to your comments. When you leave a comment on any blog, they can not respond back to you. If you would like to change this feature on your blog, I have a label on the right side bar of my blog called No Reply. Just click on that for easy instructions. This way people can email you back when you leave a comment. Hope this helps.
    Take care,
    ~Karen~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks Karen! I will have a look at that, I thought my comments left all relevant info public. Hoping to cut today, depending how long my baby daughter naps for :)

    ReplyDelete