Sew....

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Oliver + S reversible bucket hat (again!)

I completed another diploma unit a couple of days ago and it was a tough one, so I'm having a break from it for a bit and I'm very happy to be back in my sewing room at last! Spring has sprung, the sun is shining, and this is such a good pattern that I've made it again! Also, the last one got lost - I'm learning that this is often the way of things with items such as socks & sun hats that belong to little girls! So, I skipped the decorative stitching round the brim and between the sides & crown and I think it still looks good, but it was finished a whole lot faster!  The pattern in the Oliver + S "Little Things to Sew" book comes in three sizes and this is the smallest, so it looks like Miss M will be wearing this style for a few years to come! She was not in a mood for posing for photos (click to enlarge), so I was forced to use another model to show the reverse :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment