Sew....

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Quilting - nestling the squares

I've just finished piecing all 48 squares, done in 15 minutes here and 20 minutes there over the last week or so! I found a really helpful little video clip about nestling the squares, and I also took some more tips from Diary of a Quilter, including "don't have a panic attack if some points are not perfect...especially if this is your first quilt" - I'll go with that! Next step is to read up on adding the borders, which I hope to complete in the next week or so. I've been reading a lot about planning and time management recently so despite the fact that Miss M has recently taken to flipping onto her tummy every waking moment and roaring like a banshee because she hasn't quite got the hang of going forwards yet, and has also decided that afternoon naps are for wimps, I hope to be able to get everything done and still have some sewing time left!

No comments:

Post a Comment